Investing in our environment means investing in the future.
As a pioneer of organic products, bio-familia has always been committed to using natural resources sustainably. Reducing our CO2 emissions continuously is a central aspect of this commitment.
We are taking numerous small steps toward our vision of becoming a climate-positive company.
- Investment in facilities
- naturemade star 100% eco-energy
- Climate-neutral packaging
- Raising awareness and creating incentives among employees
- Support of environmental projects
After all, our consumers enjoy world-class müesli produced in responsible, environmentally friendly conditions.
You can find out more about our environmental commitment here.
Quality and safety you can trust and enjoy.
Every day, we work hard to meet the requirements of our customers and the law, ensure process safety and improve on a continuous basis. These are among our core principles. In other words, our management system plays a crucial role in ensuring our long-term success.
bio-familia AG was one of the first Swiss companies to receive the BRC food standard certification in 1998. In 2013, we replaced the BRC standard and the ISO 9001 certification with the globally used FSSC 22000 standard. This allows us to guarantee adherence to the latest quality standards and encourages the trust of our customers and consumers.
The following process security measures are a matter of course for us:
- Specifications and agreements with all suppliers are the basis of our partnership and guarantee our high quality.
- Careful control of all incoming raw materials: all shipments, including GMO-critical products, such as maize and soya, are checked in an external laboratory.
- Integrated metal detectors keep all hazardous materials out of our products.
- Depending on the product and customer requests, all departments carry out multiple process controls following a detailed plan to ensure consistent quality.
- Packaging in a protective atmosphere without the use of chemicals ensures long shelf life without loss of enjoyment and flavour.
- We take retention samples of every produced batch and store them for six months beyond their expiration date.
- Complete traceability with batch numbers: our ERP system traces within seconds.
- Regular analysis of the nutrients, residues and microbiology in our products – to create trust.
- Customer audits can be performed on site.
You can download some of our certificates here: